Re: The Babe With the Power #James #Malia #Sanya

Steph

Who: Sanya Nimr
With: James Castille, Malia Campbell, other royal party guests
Where: Castle courtyard, King's City
When: February 28th, evening

"Let us see what may be amidst other than my brother's lack of manners to not attend his own party for his offspring" the Duke said offering his hand to Malia first to assist her up the stairs. And then being polite enough to offer a elbow to Sanya, and not to voice that he suspected his half brother was off fucking some servant wench.... or trying to. He looked to the consort again.

"We may have to rectify that situation".

"I am sure the King cannot have gone too far," Malia said, conversationally. The words themselves were reassuring, but her eyes moved toward where the courtyard met castle, then to the setting sun over the Enchanted Lake.

Sanya knew she shouldn't have felt quite as surprised as she did that the Eastern Duke could just ask for his weapons around the castle. Bastard half-brother or not, he was still directly related to the king, and that gave him a certain weight and status even beyond his status as a duke. She gave one more look toward Sarnai and the king's empty seat next to her, shaking her head just a touch. The king had been there a moment before. But now…

Something odd was happening, that much was sure.

She did take Castille's elbow, when he offered it to her. Unlike Malia, she only needed one hand to raise the much thinner layer of her skirt up clear of her feet to ascend the steps. Malia's words, too, seemed a bit off in tone--too casual, almost. Or maybe Sanya was just overanalyzing the pitch. More evidence needed to be gathered before she could decide one way or another.

"If he isn't mingling in the crowd, he must be in the castle," Sanya mused. She hadn't seen any guards clearing a path across the single open drawbridge to allow the king through, and he wouldn't go anywhere outside the castle without some kind of entourage. Once they'd reached the top of the wall, she turned toward the party and scanned it, looking at all the players on the field now from a higher vantage point.

Servants were distinct in royal livery. The commoners who had made it into the party, too, stood out by their worn clothing. Even the ones who were dressed well were dressed well in the best clothes they owned and wore to any special occasion. The nobility, for the most part, wore clothes and discarded them well before the clothes actually showed any wear.

"I didn't actually expect Duchess Francesca to attend today," she noted, recognizing who Sarnai was speaking to. But she didn't see anything particular about the party that merited much alarm. Why, then…?