Re: Jump Magic, Jump! #Bridgette #Theo

Steph

Who: Theo
With: Red, others
Where: Silver Tankard Wagon, Riverside Avenue, Artisan's Quarter, King's City
When: Thursday, February 28th, 872 RoK (Reign of Kings)

"You smell like the sea," she said to the newcomer with a nod of greeting. "I like the sea. And I haven't seen any..." she paused to recall the words, "broad streets lined with jugglers. Can you show us?"
"Kago Govender,"… "And what should I call ye, lass?"

Well, Red wasn't calling Theo out on his deception about being from the City or any particular city, and he wasn't going to look that gift horse in the mouth. He'd enjoyed her advice thus far. She was like a useful version of Navi in the forest, and he didn't want to offend her or her little pixie friend and drive them away. He took another swig of his drink as she turned her attention to the newcomer.

This Kago fellow looked different. There was no denying that particular fact. Theo was used to people being different, though. He lived in New York City and worked in the entertainment industry. He had developed the skill of looking someone over without gawking at them over uncommon characteristics. Theo found it strange to think that sailors could really be that common in a landlocked city, but then  again…

With the lake and the rivers, there could easily be a whole network of waterways he still needed to learn about. If they were easier to use and more reliable than fairy circles, especially.

He stayed silent for the moment, though, letting Red take Kago's question however she wanted to.