Re: Like an Open Highway #Bert #Theo #Tristan

Ben

Bert smiled at young Theo’s offer. It was clear to him, at least, that Theo wasn’t completely sure what he was doing, but at least he was willing to try and learn. Better than sitting around doing nothing! His smile slowly turned to a frown though. The same stories had plagued him since the princess’ disappearance. Not to mention grabbed by a troll, stolen away by a river monster, and eaten by a werewolf. But thus far, no evidence of her had ever been found, and the dragon story was the most prominent, so it was what they would follow for now.

“Aye, I searched for her. Several times, in fact, and all over the country. I always kept an eye out for her as I traveled, and listened to any story of her I came across, but to no avail. No search party ever found any sign of her, and every lead I followed led to nothing.” Bert slowly shook his head, memories of all the years searching coming to mind. The weather didn’t help either, and for a moment, he almost allowed the sorrows of the past to overtake him.

But, there was work to be done. Shaking clear to old memories, he looked back to his companions, giving them each a wide grin. “But there’s always hope! We haven’t found her yet, which means she could still very well be alive, and that’s how we intend to find her! But we won’t do that on empty stomachs. Let’s go catch ourselves some dinner. Theo, I believe that small opening by that tree would be a good place for our first snare. Why don’t you set one up there and I’ll get to work on preparing some bread.”

Tags!

On Sun, Dec 9, 2018 at 11:05 PM Vincent Gonzales <alchemicalnonsense2578@...> wrote:
Tristan gave Theo an easy smile as the young man offered to help with snares and nodded. "We'll scout out a few spots and set some traps. Then we can check back in on them, come sunset." While his childhood wasn't exactly filled with hunting trips, a few guys in basic he had kept in contact with before his...accident, had taken him hunting before. He'd learned enough to at least get them dinner for the night, he hoped.

When conversation turned to the princess and stories they'd heard, Tristan shook his head and frowned. "I've heard bits and pieces. Dragons took her from the castle yard. A witch enchanted her and spirited her away. Fairies cast an enchantment of her and she is queen of the pixies now. The usual nonsense. But other than the rumored sighting over the years, most just assume she's long gone or...passed," he added to the conversation, which wasn't much help. At Theo's question, though, he did look at Bert. Lord Weston, rather. The Sheriff. Surely, he'd been on more than a few search parties for the princess before now...

Benjamin Warner