I Remember the Fight #Bert #Kyky

Rachel Balla

Who: Kyky
With: Bert
Where: The Merchant's Square, Merchant's Quarter, King's City
When: Sunset, Tuesday, March 11th, 872 RoK

Kyky's feet were starting to hurt. Even after investing in a new pair of boots made for walking, there was something about standing in one place for like two hours that got to her. This shindig was supposed to start a long time ago! The crowd was complaining around her, and thinning out a bit as people went to fetch drinks or relieve themselves of the drinks they'd had before claiming a spot in the courtyard where the commoners gathered. When leaning on her staff didn't help anymore, Kyky decided to wander, hoping it would at least loosen up the stiff muscles in her legs.

"Think they called it off?" one commoner asked to his companion as Kyky passed by. "The royal baby was born - mayhap they reconsidering."

"They call it off, and forget to tell the nobles?" the other answered, making a gesture toward the seats occupied by the Consort, the prince(s), and the dukes and duchesses and their entourages. "If they waitin', I'm waitin'."

"...just the flooded streets mucking up the carriage wheels, nothing to worry about…"

Kyky's attention broke when she spotted the back of a familiar figure. She would have known that form anywhere, and that staff was unmistakable. A huge smile spread across her face and a peppy skip replaced her weary wandering steps as she cross the space, jumped up, and wrapped her arms around his neck from behind. He was a full foot taller than she, so it was a leap. "Bertie!"

Tags!

Wearing: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/32/b4/31/32b43186420a0e461dc45a0e03543d11.jpg

Join main@Eventyr.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.