Re: This Is The Exodus #sarnai #Killick

Silvy <afranklin09c@...>

Who: Killick
With: Erden, Altansarnai, Mitali - CLOSED SCENE
Where: Merchant's Quarter, King's City
When: Tuesday, March 11th, 872 RoK

The vampire's voice pulled him back, but this time, it wasn't that otherworldly quality to it - that was gone. Instead, it was an entirely different call, a plea that seemed painfully earnest. And what was he to do when Sarnai stopped, but pull up himself, and make sure to keep a step between them? As narrow as the alleyway was, it was easy to make sure that if Mitali kept coming forward, she'd have him to deal with while Sarnai got a little more distance from the thing...

>>>Mitali:  "His father sent me to protect him. You know me, Sarnai, I'm Mitali."

Seeing those wings, that blood, though, tore at the part of him that responded to the humanity in her appeals. In the way she seemed to wrestle with herself, shaky and uncertain and smeared in viscera. In her claims that she wanted to help.

>>>Sarnai: "His father is dead," ... "And you're not Mitali, not anymore!" she continued. "Mitali was kind and funny . . ." - and a bit of an airhead, yes - "and she'd never tear into a man's throat with her teeth! Vampires don't protect; they feed and they destroy. What would you protect him from when you're his biggest threat?"

"Listen," He cut in, waving one hand back at Sarnai to try to stifle her barrage - was it warranted? Probably, the woman had just murdered a man in front of them. Was it helpful? If Mitali's human side really could be drawn out, but otherwise, it risked putting her on the defensive... "You want to protect him, right? You want to protect them?" Killick's other hand was brought forward, a peace offering of an empty palm in hopes the lack of threat would be responded to in kind.

"Help us get out of the city. You see what's going on-" Even if he didn't really understand it "-You know what the timing of it means. Even if they survive this, they can't stay here. I can get them somewhere safe, if you can get us out. That's what you want, isn't it?"

He sure as shit hoped it was, otherwise this was one hell of a gambit.

~tags~