Re: Make Him Free #hawkins #alessandra

Rachel

Hawkins: “Nay, not a pirate, though I’ve been put here because I looked like one. Ye could say I’m a pirate hunter, though. At least I was until recently.”

"That fucking sucks," Alessandra said, her face curling unpleasantly, as if she'd tasted spoiled milk. He'd been framed as the very thing he fought against. That was another level of messed up. It made her miss New York - at least there was more data to ensure a level of objectivity. It wasn't perfect, of course, but such an obvious mistake wouldn't have happened. Here in Eventyr, it was more he-said-she-said. Unless someone important had wanted him here… which wasn't an impossibility.

Hawkins: “Ah, yes. That would be me former captain. He had me thrown to the wolves and ran with his tail between his legs.” “Beggin yer pardon, I forgot who I was talkin’ to.”

Alessandra let out a dry, humorless laugh as she excused the faux pas. "No worries," she assured, and doubled down on it with a certain indulgent amusement. "We ever get out of here, and I'll hunt him down like the dog he is and get him to show throat. I promise."

Hawkins: “What would ye do if ye could get out of here? Where would you go?”

Alessandra let a grateful smile spread across her face, although she doubted her new friend would see it in this darkness. His question was so kind. He knew she wouldn't get out, and if she did, she wouldn't escape. But the fantasies had been rattling around in her brain, and he offered her the opportunity to voice them to, hopefully!, someone who would outlive her. She loved this not-pirate for that, and her eyes fought the darkness to make out the edges of his face as best she could.

"Home," Alessandra said. "And see my son again. He'll probably be in college by now." With time moving differently between worlds, it was hard to tell. The words sparked a tiny bit of hope in her heart, and, with sudden urgency, she asked, "Do you know New York? Queens?" It was a longshot, but if he did, and he could take a message back…!