Re: That's When I'd Get Knocked Down #Theo #Tristan

Vincent Gonzales

Who: Tristan
With: Theo
Where: Merchant's Quarter, King's City
When: March 14t, 872 RoK - Late Afternoon

The last couple of days had been exhausting. Not only had Tristan found himself in the middle of a fucking zombie apocalypse, he'd done so as a knight in shining armor with a ever-driving sense of duty to protect the people around him. While he'd always found himself drawn to do what was right and protect those he could, it'd never felt so...visceral. Like he needed to save these people. Still, he was bone-tired and wary, absent-mindedly picking what appeared to be a bit of...zombie that was stuck under the straps of one of his greaves. What he wouldn't give for a hot shower right about now...

As Theo dropped down warm food in front of him, Tristan looked up with a thankful smile. A bit of chicken and bread would go a long way to easing his mood, he knew. While it lacked the portability of meat pies, he didn't think any merchant with half a mind would be selling those in King's City any time soon.

<<<<<

"So," <...> "I've got to get home. Check in with my family. You know how it is. The only problem is that usually I use fairy circles to do it, and I haven't seen a one around the city since before the Plague Night. Can you help me?"

Tristan looked up from scarfing down his meat and nodded slowly, mulling over the young man's words. He...likely had responsibilities to a homestead or something to attend to. And here Tristan had been, all ready to keep playing to hero with no consideration to Theo's needs. No better than all the other knights in this town. Damn. He'd have to do better. "Yeah," he said after a moment of self-chiding. "There's bound to be a circle around here somewhere. I'll help you find it. I should probably do some travelling myself. Errands to run and the like. Where is your home again...? Not sure I've asked. Sorry."