Re: Jump Magic, Jump! #Bridgette #Theo

Steph

Who: Theo
With: Red, others
Where: Silver Tankard Wagon, Riverside Avenue, Artisan's Quarter, King's City
When: Thursday, February 28th, 872 RoK (Reign of Kings)

“You don't owe me, you owe the Woods,” Red said with a playful smile, nodding her head in greeting to Theo. “I…normally wouldn't go to something like this but I keep my promises.”

"Your promises?" Theo asked as he followed Red with a curious quirk of one eyebrow.

He decided to be grateful that the nobleman wasn't going to press the issue and simply fade away from him while he was feeling so courteous. Best way to avoid a fight, he figured. This was a chance to catch up with his mysterious forest spirit friend, who was magical enough to be able to locate an empty table at the kingdom's largest party. Pure miracles seemed to happen around her, so he might as well take advantage of that, too.

Then the little pixie came shooting out from her sleeve and dove into the beer with great enthusiasm.

"I bet that's your promise, isn't it?" he guessed. He was still learning the norms, but one thing he'd heard was that little pixies couldn't travel long distances very quickly. They liked to hitch rides. He'd heard it as advice when traveling the roads--always check your bags for stowaway pixies. They're tricksters if they set their mind to it.

"What's the pixie's name?" he added. If he'd learned anything about Red in their last encounter, it was that she cared a lot for the beings that dwelled in the Woods. He'd benefit from showing that same amount of courtesy, if he wanted to stay on Red's good side.