Re: These Mascara Tears #Marcus #sarnai #Killick

Silvy <afranklin09c@...>

Who: Killick
With: Erden, Altansarnai, Marcus
Where: North and Norther
When: March 11th, 872 RoK - late afternoon

Killick, by severe contrast, had never quite got the hang of horses. The balance was all different from the listing of a ship, and he was fairly certain that this beast was out to do him in. Still, they hadn't exactly their pick of the stables, and he'd rather the new mother get the gentler of the pair, whose only apparent vice was being quite stubborn about mealtimes. And so far, he'd been able to rein in the more headstrong mare on the occasions she felt a particular way about something. Most especially, his difficulties sitting a horse...

But still, he'd taken to leading - he had a good head for parsing the map and even better when the stars shone overhead. It let him think, too, quiet and to himself the way he liked best, and that was precisely what he was at when his peripheral vision caught movement. Just enough to startle his breath out of pattern, but he only sat straighter and pulled 'Muriel' a little more to the side to make way.

"Oh-" Well. That much was true, the thanking, but everything had happened all wrong. "We were - distracted," He pointed out helpfully. "It wasn't meant to go that way..." Nor were they really meant to head North, where if the tales were true there was near as much potential for danger as hanging back in the city. "But I didn't do it for thanks, or money-- compensation."

Not that he'd turn away the offer if and when it came, but... "You needed help - I wanted to help you. And if I hadn't been there to see what was coming... who knows where I might be now?" Dead, maybe. Or back on the Song, even...

~tags~