Re: If I Smile With My Teeth #Brandy

Rachel

Zaire: "She's strengthenin' 'er powerbase," "Seducin' 'er way into friendships. S'easy t'get whatcha want when ya got vampires workin' for ya." "After t'night," "there ain't be anyone in t'West who'll stand against 'er."

Pietro: "Sir, Lady," "I don't believe we've had the pleasure. Pietro Weston, son of Lord Clement Weston of Resolute Lake Manor. And you are...?"

Brandy snorted out a wry agreement at the captain's assessment. "How do you think she managed to become the vampire whisperer anyway…?" It was the question on everyone's mind and on no one's lips because to ask it at all undermined the new edict that vampires were a race, and therefore as rational and legitimate as a centaur and entitled to full citizenship as such. Anyone who'd met a vampire knew better.

Even though Brandy was certain she'd been quiet, the taboo nature of her question being answered by a voice behind her gave her quite a start. A surge of adrenaline shot through her veins as - even though the sun was still up, even if it was dipping ominously by the minute - her brain convinced her that this was a vampire. When she turned and saw that it was, instead, a young nobleman, Brandy's hand rested on her racing heart and she could only laugh at herself.

"I'm no lady, but I am Brandy," she said, her tone quickly returning to its usual upbeat tempo. What did this guy want, randomly introducing himself like this, to people who were obviously below his station and, in Z's case, possibly dangerous. To draw out an answer, Brandy went on, with a touch of sarcasm in her voice, "Long live the queen, right?" And with a chuckle, added, "Really, really long, probably."