Re: Don't Ask Me How I've Been #Jaya #Kyky #manfred #Kira

Steph

Who: Jaya
With: Kyky, Kira, Manny
Where: Brickstone Tavern, Merchant's Quarter
When: March 14th, 872 RoK - Late Afternoon

"Hadrian Cornwallis, we seek your assistance".
"We don't have much, sir," ... "But we're good folk."

Jaya squeezed Kyky's hand back in return, then she took the moment to just observe what was going on around her. She didn't know how it happened, exactly, but sometimes she just became aware of something that could give her the upper hand in a situation like this--some small advantage, the right words to sway the moment in her favor, the trick to success. It was how she as the Ghost Blade had managed to build such a fearsome reputation. She almost wished they'd taken a moment to stand back and make a plan before the conversation started, but winging it wasn't the worst thing in the world. She shifted her weight back slightly, positioning herself at the ready to protect Kira if the need arose.

Kyky, she could see, was making the emotional appeal, trying to speak to the centaur's heart. Manny stood with assertive confidence, placing himself as equal in this exchange. And Cornwallis was looking at the two of them with an air of... was that judgment? She mentally backstepped through the conversation, trying to recall exactly when Cornwallis's expression had taken on that look. Since it wasn't aimed at her, it couldn't be because of her remarks on centaurs. No, it was focused on Manny--and on Kyky. On Manny and Kyky, together?

If Kyky's play was to underscore their innate goodness and worthiness, then Jaya had every intention of backing that up. "My friend is far, far from home, and everything's been such a shock to her. We're all looking for a way to hurry home, before our families worry too much."