Still There Are Darkened Places #Brandy #sarnai #Killick #Liam

Steph

Who: Liam
With: Sarnai, Killick, Brandy
Where: The Bowels of the Northern Castle
When: May 16, 877 ROK - Evening

When Liam got the message from home that his old childhood friend Hugh had gotten lost in the Deep Woods, he'd figured that was the end of it and mourned with everyone else. When he'd gotten a second message that Hugh came back--and shortly after, that Hugh had somehow ended up captured by King James of the NorthEast, he'd been concerned enough to take action. Something had happened out there in the Deep Woods, something that it seemed the king did not want people to know about, and Liam wanted to know what.

He was glad to have Killick along, healer that he was, and Sarnai and Brandy rounded out their little team well. They'd come along with the delegation but kept their heads down--just helping with the horses and the baggage and such. No need for anyone to take any sort of particular note of them. Liam hadn't done a lot while he'd been part of the Marauders, but there was still the off chance someone might recognize him, or Queen Malia and King James might have figured out ways to ferret out werewolves in human form.

Fortunate that it was a new moon and his inner-wolf was relatively calm.

Discreet common clothes as they all were, it wasn't too hard to break away from the stables and head toward the depths of the castle. This next part was where Liam expected the plan to fall apart. Ahead, two guards flanked the heavy steel-banded wooden doors that separated the castle dungeon from the rest of the castle. They had to get through those doors.

"We'll have to be fast to take the guards down and get their key without allowing them to raise an alarm," Liam mused softly to his companions from where they stood around a corner, out of the guards' line of sight. "I can try my hand with the lock, but I'd be much more confident that we'll be able to get in if we have the key in hand."