Re: Still There Are Darkened Places #Brandy #sarnai #Killick #Liam

Rachel

Who: Brandy

With: Liam, Sarnai, Killick

Where: The Bowels of the Northern Castle

When: May 16, 877 ROK - Evening

Liam: "We'll have to be fast to take the guards down and get their key without allowing them to raise an alarm," "I can try my hand with the lock, but I'd be much more confident that we'll be able to get in if we have the key in hand."

Sarnai: "Anything in your bag of tricks?"

Sarnai's words were the first Brandy caught, since she was joining them only after having secured and changed into the palace uniform worn by the palace kitchen staff. It was a little small, but the straining laces of the gray top were only working in Brandy's favor. Brandy sauntered up, all ease, and gave the queen-who-could-have-been a casual nod. She had worked in this exact castle, in this exact capacity, for years in her youth, and she knew their norms and routines - although she did have to trust that they hadn't changed much.

"Lemme see." She had a platter up on one hip bearing two jugs of ale, and with a beckoning nod, handed it briefly to Sarnai while she dug about in the bag at her waist. Even if her lips pursed thoughtfully for a moment, it didn't take long for her to find a small vial of clear fluid - Carniflower juice. She split it between the drinks, flashed a smile, and whispered, "Wish me luck!" before sauntering off.

"Sorry, boys, no break - thought I'd bring you a li'l somthin' to tide you over," Brandy greeted. The guards did not immediately respond - not unexpected; they would probably have remembered seeing Brandy among the kitchen staff before - but they loosened as she continued. "I guess there's been more men than usual falling sick. Have you heard anything about that? Is the plague back? My mother died in the plague of 862..."

One of the guards was native to the North, and Brandy's obvious connection to his homeland warmed him up to her immediately, plucking up his drink and jumping into the conversation easily. The other was native to the East, and he was warier, taking his drink but without taking it to his lips as he listened to the easy banter flowing between the Northerners.

Brandy, still with a flirty smirk on her lips, cast a significant glance down the hallway toward where she knew her partners were watching. Soon, the Northern guard would pass out, and the Easterner would quickly confirm his suspicions...