Re: Still There Are Darkened Places #Brandy #sarnai #Killick #Liam

Silvy <afranklin09c@...>

Who: Killick.

With: Liam, Sarnai, Brandy.
Where: Marauders Camp, Northern Duchy
When: March 28th, 872 RoK - Morning

>>>Liam: "I can try my hand with the lock, but I'd be much more confident that we'll be able to get in if we have the key in hand."

>>>Sarnai: "Anything in your bag of tricks?" she asked the bartender.

>>>Brandy: "Lemme see." ... Carniflower juice. She split it between the drinks, flashed a smile, and whispered, "Wish me luck!"

Sarnai wasn't the only one nervous about this. Liam might have felt confident with the promise of a key, and on Brandy's arrival she seemed boldly prepared to take on anything - but Killick was all too conscious of where they were, right then. Entirely too deep in NorthEastern territory, but if Sarnai was going, he'd insisted on going with her. Gladly, now, as the warm touch at the small of his back was a grounding presence he would have sorely, anxiously missed back in the People's City...

But as Brandy lit off to take her stab at the guards, he still cast a dubious look to the remaining two of his companions on this inadvisable mission. "Do you think it'll work...?" Shifting his weight to lean a little over to watch, he twisted one arm behind himself to rest the back of his hand against the back of Sarnai's, uncertainty riding high. It couldn't really be that easy, could it? Just walk right up and hand them poison to drink and a pretty smile?

As clinging as that top was, maybe it really was all she had to do.

It certainly seemed that way, Killick realized as at least one of them seemed comfortable enough to drink from the jug he was given. The other, though... that might be a problem. They might need to find a way to deal with bodies, after all!

~tags~