Re: A Beauty Half-Betrayed #Theo #Andy #Zaza

Steph

Who: Theo
With: Andy, Zaza
Where: The Witch Queen's Palace, the Jewel of the Desert
When: May 16, 877 ROK - Evening

At least, Theo supposed, he could get Zaza to talk to him a bit by panicking her unnecessarily. He tracked Uncle Andy's movements through the garden rather than letting his gaze settle on her, much as he wanted to watch her take off that scarf and reveal her features more openly. He wasn't entirely sure what he'd do if he ran into Sanya, considering how little he felt Zaza deserved the curse that she now bore, but he doubted it would be polite.

As he was following Andy's flower-picking path, Minnie popped into view--just his view, he knew, but still, she was becoming more tangible again after all the sobering up he'd been doing. She tilted her head to one side, and the other, rubbed her chin thoughtfully, nodded approvingly.

*A symbolically purifying flower, too,* she noted after Andy gave his explanation and his tea over to Theo. Theo took it, and he couldn't help shooting a glare at the space that, to everyone else, was entirely unoccupied. *Your uncle is correct, for the most part, but at least in my time, changelings were the real concern in the South.*

"Thank you." Theo took a sip of the tea, choked slightly on the flavor of it, but swallowed anyway. "Even if I've tasted better perfume," he added. "At least the Witch Queen and Francesca haven't ever really gotten along, anyway, so she'd probably turn back any troublesome vampires. I always get a bit on edge with traveling, I guess. Sorry." The apology was aimed toward Zaza and her nerves most of all. "When do you think that she'll get here? Does she strike you as a 'wait until the darkness has fallen' kind of a queen?"

<tag!>