Re: Jump Magic, Jump! #Bridgette #Theo

Steph

Who: Theo
With: Red, others
Where: Silver Tankard Wagon, Riverside Avenue, Artisan's Quarter, King's City
When: Thursday, February 28th, 872 RoK (Reign of Kings)

"You said you're from the city, right? Can you show us around? I haven't been here in..." she glanced around evasively, "a very long time."

Theo politely tipped his head to the little pixie with the big name. Asteria. She did have a little bit of a glitter around her like the stars, he supposed.

As for Red's request. Well…Oops. Theo had fortunately just lifted his glass to drink, so he had something to cover his expression and give himself a moment. He hadn't lied when he was from the city. It just wasn't this particular city. And he'd only wandered around a little bit since his arrival. He could try to fake it if Red knew nothing about the city, but he doubted he could maintain the act for long. She seemed too clever for that.

Doubly fortunate, a new arrival interjected.

"Truth is, there ain't much to see," Zaire commented, slowing to a stop beside the table. "You seen one broad street lined with jugglers, you've seen 'em all."
"There are some sights better than others, though."

"Beg to differ," Theo said, though he could have taken a different tactic. "When you learn how to look at a city, you see its history and its soul in the buildings and roadways. Even boroughs in the same city are vastly different."

He followed Zaire's gaze over to Brandy and gently tipped his glass in her direction, a subtle acknowledgement, an agreement with Zaire's words.

"This one, if I'm being honest, I'm still learning. I'm from the other city," he said--hoping that either Red or the newcomer would supply him with an appropriate city to be from. Cue practical NPC dialogue. "I'm Theo," he added. "Well met."

Was there something about the newcomer that made Theo think about pirates? Possibly. But he wasn't the most expert in historical fashion, let alone in Eventyrian styles.