Topics

Better Hope I Don't Blink #Bridgette #James

turksgirl

Who: The Green Duke aka James
With: The Red Spirit aka Bridgette
Where: The Enchanted Woods, Eastern Realm
When: March 14th, 872 RoK - Late Afternoon

As much as James Castile didn't like leaving the King's City, it was in good hands with the Northern Duchess and the son of the Royal General (oh yes... and those other lesser nobles). So using a fairy circle in a garden that had once been strictly for his half-brother, the late king, he had suddenly appeared in its counterpoint located in a garden on his estate. Did anyone truly think Philip had ever traveled by common coach and horse?

It was important for James to come back to the East for several reasons besides securing his realm's borders against wandering zombies. The Alicorn needed to be retrieve it could heal some of the worst off, and the living unicorns needed to be protected from poachers more than ever. He could bring back medicinal herbs and water from the unicorn spring as well. Hopefully it would keep thieves and poachers at bay, and put him in good standing when he opposed the West if the two were given freely to the stricken.

And finally the magic that gave him breath came from the East, and he would always have to return here.... There were times James wished the forest would just grow and swallow the rest of Eventyr. Castile walked alone leaving his men and animals in the safety of the borderlands before traversing the deeper woods on foot in his infamous green armor. It glittered in the waning sunlight that filtered through the dense foliage of the giant trees around him.

Marching with purpose but being keenly aware of his surroundings, love of the forest did not make one immune to a carniflower, James moved toward where the spring would be. His gloved fingers stretched out to caress bushes and flowers as he walked...

(tags)

Vincent Gonzales

Who: The Red Spirit aka Bridgette
With: James Castile aka The Green Duke
Where: The Enchanted Woods, Eastern Realm
When: March 14th, 872 RoK - Late Afternoon

Getting out of King's City had been a priority for Kim nearly as soon as the zombie outbreak hit. The chaos that followed - and getting her friend cured of her horrible affliction, were enough to leave any witch shaken and looking for an exit. But, to top it all off, she had a cadre of Small Folk with her. Whom she had taken with her to have a fun adventure not a damn horror. As soon as the smoke had cleared, her and her pixie friends created a fairy circle and got the hell out of the King's City and back to the sanctity of the East. Back in her forest.

The pixies had, of course, went about buzzing with excitement as soon as they got back and, from what Red could tell, they had thought it another successful adventure. Just...great. That would be a problem for later, she'd told herself, spending the next few days tending to the forest and the rest of its creatures. Fending off the occasional poacher, she'd kept herself busy enough, as she always did.

After steering a herd of deer away from a carniflower, she approached a clearing, the sound of human foot-falls calling her attention. She caught a glimpse of the familiar green armor through a copse of trees and raised an eyebrow. What was the Green Duke doing this deep in the forest, she wondered.

Still, he walked with purpose, and so she followed, noting his path. As she reached to push past another set of bushes, she felt the draw to call out more than ever. He had been...mostly kind to the forest and it's people. And he was technically family.

"You don't want to follow that path, Green Duke," she called out, stepping out from between two trees. "A mother bear nurses her children just on the other side of those bushes."

It was true, of course. Red wasn't the type to mislead. Most days. "Head southeast, give her a wide berth and she won't bother you."

Who: The Green Duke aka James
With: The Red Spirit aka Bridgette
Where: The Enchanted Woods, Eastern Realm
When: March 14th, 872 RoK - Late Afternoon

A woman's voice made James Castile's hand go straight to the hilt of his sword. The helm tilted slightly, and his hand slid away to raise up with its counterpart to remove his headpiece.  His eyes narrowed for a moment......... And then he addressed her in a formal inquiry, or perhaps it was more of a statement "You are not the witch of the roses, young lady?" His brow furrowed in concentration as if he were trying to place her somewhere.

And then his head turned toward the path and the place she indicated the Ursidae family lived. He couldn't afford to go so far out of his way to the unicorn stream, it would delay his return to his men. "My thanks for the warning, but I can not tarry in my endeavor..... But I will try to keep a suitable distance...." James was still trying to assess who, or what, she was. "You are quite far from the Near Woods" he stated moving back to the path, helm under one arm and his other hand on a near tree.

tags

Vincent Gonzales

Who: The Red Spirit aka Bridgette
With: James Castile aka The Green Duke
Where: The Enchanted Woods, Eastern Realm
When: March 14th, 872 RoK - Late Afternoon

"The Witch of Roses?" Red asked with a cock of her head, hopping up onto a fallen log and tip-toeing, barefoot, across its length. "I've been called a witch before...usually by unhappy men. But not that witch, no. Most call me Red."

Her eyes focused on the armored man as she followed him on his new path. "Where are you going, Green Duke? You seem to be in an awful hurry..."

The huff of a bear could be heard, clear as day, a few dozen feet away. Close enough for a lesser man to cower, even turn course and run. "I think her boy may not be eating enough," Red said with a frown, looking in the direction of the sounds with concern. "The fish have been slow upstream lately."

Who: The Green Duke aka James
With: The Red Spirit aka Bridgette
Where: The Enchanted Woods, Eastern Realm
When: March 14th, 872 RoK - Late Afternoon

"My apologies, young lady....Miss Red". She was pretty, and he wondered how she avoided the fate of the twelve maidens. And why was she in the deepest part of the woods alone? Perhaps she was addle minded and abandoned here... it didn't matter. His brow arched upward at her inquiry, and James felt his assessment must have been correct.

"The King's city was invaded by zombies. I plan to bring water from the spring to heal the infected that can be save, and to curb any fools from poaching the unicorns for their horns" he grunted out and suddenly stopped at the sounds of the bear. James' brow arched as the redhead spoke as if she were speaking of her neighbors rather than a pack of bears. But her words about the fish made him frown slightly.... a mirror expression of the girl's.

"I think the forest is unbalanced... perhaps Eventyr itself... it has to be restored" Castile scowled because he was unsure why he felt he had to explain anything to this girl. Or why he was speaking to her at all. For a moment he considered pulling out his sword and slaying the trio of bears, putting them out of their misery of possibly starving ... Instead he stoically pulled an apple from the bag on his belt, it wasn't like he needed to eat, and rolled it under the bushes toward where the sounds were coming from. Fate would decide what would happen.

Contrary to what Rafael Gonzalo might believe he was not a blood thirsty killer. But he could, and would, kill when it was needed. "You should accompany us, these woods are no place for a solitary traveler.... or a young lady" he stated flatly, as he moved back to his path to continue his journey.

tags

Vincent Gonzales

Who: The Red Spirit aka Bridgette
With: James Castile aka The Green Duke
Where: The Enchanted Woods, Eastern Realm
When: March 14th, 872 RoK - Late Afternoon

Red nodded along as James spoke of the blight on King's City, and how he hoped to help them. That was...a kinder notion than she would have suspected. She watched in silence, curious as he dug through his pack and gave away some food for the bears. It was a small matter for the noble, surely, but it was enough for the former Princess to make up her mind.

"You should accompany us, these woods are no place for a solitary traveler.... or a young lady" he stated flatly, as he moved back to his path to continue his journey.
<<<<

The young woman smiled sweetly, nodding in agreement at the Lord's proclamation. "No place for solitary travelers indeed," she said, falling into step beside him. "I'll help you find your spring, then," she announced, stepping under a low-hanging branch and over roots that stuck out of the ground of the thick wooded forest.

"You'll need it, if you hope to get close enough to the unicorns to ask permission to use their spring."

Who: James aka Green Duke
With: Bridgette aka Red Spirit
Where: The Enchanted Woods, Eastern Realm
When: March 14th, 872 RoK - Late Afternoon

The young woman smiled sweetly, nodding in agreement at the Lord's proclamation. "No place for solitary travelers indeed," she said, falling into step beside him. "I'll help you find your spring, then," she announced, stepping under a low-hanging branch and over roots that stuck out of the ground of the thick wooded forest.

"You'll need it, if you hope to get close enough to the unicorns to ask permission to use their spring."
<<<<<<<<<

The armored man paused mid-step, and stated a little indignantly and ire "These are our woods. We need no ones' permission to do anything, girl". The Duke's brow furrowed deeply and he glared at her for a moment.... And then he raised a gloved hand and ran it over his features, "Forgive us, young lady. We have been under....duress.....Hearts grow hard and weary". Eventyr was out of balance and so was he, his other half was loud and demanding for blood and revenge. It had judged and was ready to dole out punishment. James felt like a man sliding down a muddy embankment toward dark waters below....

"We know where the springs are.... it is not the unicorns I fear that will give issue" the animals were vain, and unfortunately good nature and gullible. How else did one catch such a magical creature with a virgin?

tags