Topics

Got Your Back If You Got Mine #Marcus #Jude

Vincent Gonzales

Who: Marcus

With: Jude

Where: The Crooked Fox, King's City

When: Tuesday, March 11th, 872 RoK

Marcus sat at a table, a dirty mug of mead in hand as he waited for his favorite arms dealer to arrive. Despite the unsavory clientele that frequented The Crooked Fox, he’d managed to get himself a “private” table with just a little bit of creative persuasion and happily enjoyed his drink in solitude. Juliette was due any minute and he didn’t really need any curious cut-purses listening in on their conversation, if he could help it, as it were.

He’d met others not unlike Juliette in New York - the kind of person who just carried the air about them of danger. It wasn’t the kind of raw power that Marcus prided himself on, but a quiet, knowing power. One that told him that, when it came down to it, he never wanted to end up on her bad side. Not that he had any plans to, given the side of the law he found himself on in Eventyr. Quite the departure from his days as one of the NYPD.

Eyeing the shitty little tavern he’d set up shop in while on a...personal errand in the King’s City, Marcus spotted the start of a possible bar fight with passing curiosity. “No knife,” he noted with a grumble of moderate disappointment, ignoring the patrons just like the rest of the bar seemed to. The place probably had never seen “good” days, but it certainly had seen better ones. From the leaky roof, to the floors that saw blood so often the staff gave up on getting the stains up, the place was an absolute shit hole. The kind of place no self-respecting citizen of the kingdom would stay in. It was perfect.

Tags!

Silvy <afranklin09c@...>

Who: Jude (as Juliette Mackenzie)
With: Marcus

She wore pants beneath the sturdy coat that cinched her waist in and followed her neck up to her chin, leather boots that made soft sounds across the bloodstained floor she hardly seemed to notice. She'd spilt some there herself, in the past - she liked this place. People kept their noses in their own business, and when they didn't, no one was surprised they had their asses handed to them a minute later.

Still, today wasn't a day for such dalliances, nor was this the face to wear then. She tucked a dark curl from her wig behind one ear as she skirted the growing controversy nearer the bar of the tavern - it had cost a fortune, that wig, but with some special requests and a handy understanding of more modern, Earthly techniques, it looked as real as anyone's.

Instead, she kept her eye on the prize, and smiled a perfunctory grin as she sank into the seat across from Marcus... Lifting a hand as she did so to signal the barkeep for the bottle of rotgut she favored over his ale or mead. Less water in it, she figured.

"How are we keeping?"

Vincent Gonzales

With: Juliette

"Seen better days, me and mine," Marcus responded with a sigh as Juliette sat, not bothering to stand and greet her like any proper man would. Not that many would mistake him for such to begin with.

He eyed another patron who looked hungrily at his business partner's bottle, but he was alone and wouldn't make a move without friends. If he was smart, at least. "Thanks for meeting me in the city. I've got some...business I'm looking into around these parts. Travel was uneventful?"

Marcus had called the arms dealer out here for just that, arms. While some key items from his armory had been stolen, he knew he needed replacement gear. But, more than that, he wasn't ignorant to the fact that Juliette was sharp, quick, and dangerous. Perhaps she knew a thing or two about the other things he was here in town for. He hadn't exactly been quiet about the fact that he was here after his stolen goods, after all.

tags!

Silvy <afranklin09c@...>

"Travel is as eventful as you make it," She offered with a shrug, and only the briefest glance backward to acknowledge that the brewing brawl wasn't quieting down any time soon. She got her bottle, anyway, and that was what really mattered, she decided as she took a quick swig before turning her attention back to Marcus.

"Anything I can help with, this... business?" Sure, she maybe already knew what it was, but what good was giving away one's hand before one had to?

More noise came from the bar as a stool clattered over to the floor and the struggle saw its first blood - but what caught 'Juliette's attention and drew it back again was the curious exclamation of My ear! That mongrel bit my ruddy ear!

Biting wasn't exactly out of place in a barfight, though. When the opportunity arose, it was a good way to throw one's opponent off their game... but the odd noises didn't stop there, and something seemed... off.

~tags~

Vincent Gonzales

With: Jude
Where: The Crooked Fox

"Yeah, I think you might be able to help," Marcus agreed with a nod as he came to a decision, despite his reservations. It was one thing to refuse to show weakness to your enemies and try to carefully groom a specific image. It was another entirely to refuse the help of potential allies for the sake of pride, and he was being proud. 

Before he could get any further into the discussion, though, a man went and bit another's ear as a light scuffle turned into an out-and-out brawl. "Gotta keep your guard up," Marcus said with a shake of his head and a sly grin, but as he watched the grin drained away. First, there was the ear, then the bite victim bit into the other man's shoulder and soon the two were both bloody messes and, as they stood, their eyes were on the rest of the bar's patrons and they looked...hungry. 

"Are you shitting me?" the bandit leader muttered under his breath, getting to his feet and to Jude's side, hand on his sword hilt. "Fucking zombies?"

tags!

Silvy <afranklin09c@...>

Zombies. Her lips formed the same words, brows furrowing even as she wondered briefly - was it just a shared word for this kind of aberration, this event? Probably. Plenty of things seemed the same in Eventyr, no matter how much sense it all made. Even physics didn't change too much despite how magic wove strange currents through the world...

Juliette drew her own blade quick, though, no pussyfooting about it as soon as she was to her feet, eyes on the vacant-eyed things that had once been men before them: "Aim for the head," She told Marcus, hoping only that if they called them the same damned things here as on Earth, everything else stuck to the plan as well. It was a stretch, but...

But even still, she strode forward with a swing meant to rid them of at least one menace. She would have preferred a gun, but there was something satisfying about the cleave of blade through flesh.

~tags~