Topics

Shooting for the Stars When I Couldn't Make a Killing #Bridgette #Theo

Steph

Who: Theo
With: Red
Where: The Eastern Forest
When: March 28th, 872 RoK

From the second that Theo stepped through back to Eventyr, he could hear the voice in his head again. Her voice. The voice that referred to herself as Minnie. The strangest thing to happen to him since discovering that there was liTerally another magic world on the other side of pretty much any circle of flowers. While he trusted Tristan's skill as a warrior, he'd come to learn that Tristan didn't have much more actual Eventyr-centric experience than him. So he returned with one person distinctly in mind: The Red Spirit, the first person he'd met in all of Eventyr.

If anyone knew about magical diamonds that sunk into your skin and left you with voices in your head, it had to be the a hermit-witch in a forest, right?

He took a shallow breath when he stepped through, testing the air for any signs of carniflower pollen before he chose a direction and started walking.

"Red!" he called out, hoping he'd luck out. The fairy circles could be spotty, but in his experience, they brought you close to people as well as places when you focused just right. "It's Theo."

*Who's Red?* asked the voice in his head.

"A friend," he said aloud, without meaning to. Part of him thought the best tactic to deal with the unknown voice in his head was to ignore it entirely. "I think she might be able to help me understand... you."

*If you would talk to me, I could explain myself to you,* she replied, annoyance in her town. *How long did you stay in New York?*

"It was Christmas," Theo murmured softly, as if that explained it well enough. It was an excuse. He could have popped back over--would have, under normal circumstances. Under I-have-a-mystery-voice-in-my-head circumstances, though? He needed that break. He brushed through some low branches and peered carefully through the forest. "Red, are you here?"

<Tag!>

Vincent Gonzales

Who: Red
With: Theo
Where: The Eastern Forest
When: March 28th, 872 RoK

When it came to the mystical powers associated with Red's necklace, the gift she'd received from the pixies for her aid some years ago, nothing quite beat the ability to quite literally take flight. As a Crimson Hawk, called such for the brilliant red feathers that adorned their chest and the under feathers on their wings, her eyes were much sharper than they normally were, she could hear minute sounds from dozens of feet away, and fly for hours without tiring.

The sound of a human calling out caught her attention and snapped her out of her airborne reverie, eyes scanning the canopy for movement and the source of the sound. With an instinctual adjustment to her wings, Red tucked into a dive, nimbly weaving through the heavy foliage and thick branches of the eldest trees, only to bring her wings back up and gently level out. She landed silently on the ground behind a familiar young man, shifting back into her human form, she watched him for a long moment, wondering why he would travel back into the forest when he knew its dangers so well.

<<<<<
"A friend," <…> "I think she might be able to help me understand... you."
*If you would talk to me, I could explain myself to you,* <…>  *How long did you stay in New York?*
"It was Christmas," <…> "Red, are you here?"

Red frowned as she walked silently, catching Theo's pace at his side, "What's Chris Mass?" she asked with a raised brow. She'd never heard the term before, but the way Theo used it, it sounded important. Maybe it was why he'd come, looking for her.

Who: Theo
With: Red
Where: The Eastern Forest
When: March 28th, 872 RoK

*Well, how deep do you intend to wander into the Eastern Forest?* the voice--Minnie--asked. *I'd hate for you to die and leave me stranded out here waiting for another sacrificial virgin to stumble upon me.*

Theo sputtered at the assertion, so lost in his mental conversation that even if Red had made a noise when she approached he wouldn't have heard her. She didn't, though. she was just suddenly walking beside him, asking what Christmas was and mispronouncing the word like she was Mr. Tumnus hearing about spare rooms and wardrobes for the first time.

So, at least he didn't have to argue with the voice in his head about his sex life. And he had concrete proof that Red wasn't from Earth. If she was, she'd know Christmas. Apparently there weren't enough people from Earth who'd ended up in Eventyr to establish Christianity--or at least Christian-inspired winter holidays--here.

"It's... a family tradition," Theo replied. "I'm glad you're here instead of in the city. I'm sure I could have found a fairy circle out here, but getting back into King's City there still aren't a whole lot to spare. I guess people are still fleeing from the whole zombie mess faster than fairies can make circles. So... You're a magical witch who understands how strange and mysterious mystical things work here. I could use some help with a strange and mysterious mystical thing."

His eyes caught on the necklace that Red wore, just for a second, and he could hear Minnie hum in the back of his mind at the sight of it.

*People usually get offended at being called witches around here, Theo,* Minnie chided. *I think that might be an artifact of her power. You know her? You trust her?*

"I trust you," Theo added outloud, more for Minnie's benefit than for Red's. He glanced around them at the tall trees. "Is there somewhere we can go to talk a while?"

<Tag!>